Sunday 9 October 2016

King of the Romans: An Introduction



Introduction: Welcome to the Palaiologoi Campaign, an attempt at the documentation of a Paradox mega campaign. The Campaign will principally follow the exploits of the infamous Palaiologoi dynasty, who historically where the last ruling dynasty of the Byzantine Empire. The Ultimate goal of this Campaign is simple, starting in 1066, survive the turmoil currently facing the Byzantine Empire & become the ruling dynasty by the end of the game...while of course avoiding the whole "Turkish invasion" problem that befell our real-life Byzantine Empire. In the year 1444 I will convert over to EU4 & try to become a super-power, while at the same time, being careful to ensure that I don't get too big for my boots. In Victoria 2, I will strive to lead the Great Powers & maintain the balance of power "concert of Europe" style. Finally, the conversion to HoI4 will mark the end of the campaign & we will see how this grand finale turns out.
This blog has been inspired by many other Paradox AARs, chiefly the Hohenzollern AAR (http://lparchive.org/Paradox-Hohenzollern/) which, in my opinion, in the Basileus of all AARs.
Things of Importance: I think I should probably list what Mods I am using for this AAR, as they are an essential part of any AAR.
For Crusader Kings 2, I will be playing on the pre-Reaper's Due version of the Game, with every expansion BUT Sunset Invasion. I will also be using the HIP mod (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hip-release-2016-09-06-hades2.967285/) for the corresponding version of the game I'm using & the Theatrum Orbis Terrarum (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580608756&searchtext=) Map Graphics Mod.
In Crusader Kings 2, I will try to act as I feel would best represent the ambitions & goals of my Palaiologoloi, so sadly no invasions of Sweden or Ireland...unless something very unexpected happens. I will pay extra careful attention to the traits of my rulers & decide how I approach the game based on them, (so hopefully every ruler doesn't end up with 'content'). I will convert in 1444 rather than the nominal end date of 1453, because that is the date that the Paradox converter, converts games over to, and I don't want to relapse 9 years.
I will add information about the other Paradox Games: EU4, Vic2 & HoI4 when I get to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment